Majlis Ansarullah Nederland
An introduction to Majlis Ansarullah
Hadrat Mirza Mahmud Ahmad, Khalīfatul Masīh II (may Allāh be pleased with him) formed a number of auxiliary organizations to promote the spirit of moral excellence of the members of Aḥmadiyya Muslim Community. These organizations were established to provide a specific framework for the ethical and religious education and training of different groups based on age and gender. Majlis Anṣārullāh (helpers of Allāh) was formed by Ḥaḍrat Khalīfatul Masīh II (may Allāh be pleased with him) in 1940; its members comprise all male Aḥmadī Muslims over the age of 40.
Hadrat Khalīfatul Masīh II (may Allāh be pleased with him) outlined goals for the auxiliaries in these words (Al-Fazl, October 11, 1944):
“We have to reform the whole world. We have to bring the entire world to bow before God Almighty. Bring the entire world under the fold of Ahmadiyyat. Establish the kingdom of God all over the world. But this grand task cannot be performed until all members of our community—children, youth, or elderly—organize themselves internally and follow this code of conduct day and night…For this internal improvement and completion of organization, I have established the auxiliary organizations of Khuddāmul-Aḥmadiyya, Anṣārullāh, Aṭfālul-Aḥmadiyya, and [Nāṣirātul- Aḥmadiyya, Lajnah Imā’illāh].”
Members of Majlis Ansarullah
- The members of Majlis Anṣārullāh shall be divided into two age groups:
- Every Khādim who attains the age of 40 during the year shall join Majlis Anṣārullāh on 1st January of the following year.
- Every male Aḥmadī above the age of 40 shall be a member of this Majlis.
- Ṣaf Awwal shall consist of members above 55 years.
- Ṣaf Dom shall consist of members between 40 and 55 years.
- A person in Silsila ‘Āliya Aḥmadiyya who does not owe allegiance to Ḥaḍrat Khalīfatul Masīh (may Allāh be his support) shall not be eligible for membership.
Aims and Objectives
The Constitution of Majlis Anṣārullāh defines its aims and objectives as:
- To establish an organization for all Aḥmadī men over the age of forty.
- It shall purely be a religious organization with no political interest whatsoever.
- To inculcate the following amongst its members:
- The love of Allāh
- The spirit to promote and propagate the teachings of Islā
- The enthusiasm to call to Islām and serve mankind.
- The spiritual and moral training of children and youth.
- The spirit of protecting the institution of Khilāfat
- The spirit of placing collective interests above individual interests.